11 October 2009

zele


around 2pm today sevdye, resident food provider to yours truly, rolled up to my house and popped her hatch-back to gift me this beautiful, seriously 2.5 kilo monster of a cabbage, while exclaiming "it's sweet! it's sweet! it's from my garden".  
fast-forward to 5:30pm and i stroll into her store, and she asks, "what did you make with the cabbage? manga? soup?"
i sortof pause and think for a minute, then reply, "i haven't made anything with it yet".
sevdye: "why?"
me: "well, i don't know what to make with it."
sevdye:"why, do you not have cabbage there (in the us)?"
me: "um, we do, i just never cooked it before"
sevdye: (laughs, incredulously)

1 comment:

  1. What did you end up making? Your choices are ( zele, sarmi, zele with other food )

    :D

    ReplyDelete