25 August 2010

Have you ever met anyone this cool?

The newest and proudest invitee to Peace Corps Jordan, to depart at the end of October:
MY MOM. THE RADDEST MOM YOU EVER MET.

She taught middle school special ed for twenty years, then went on to get certified to work with visually impaired students. Now she's off to learn Arabic and teach special needs children (and probably adults) motor skills like hand-eye coordination and coloring, and basic life skills like getting dressed in the morning. Did I mention that she's going to learn Arabic?
I am not aware of anyone cooler than this.
In case you need a visual:
I'm in the top lefthand corner. Mom is northwest of Saudi Arabia. LOOK HOW CLOSE THAT IS!!!

Congratulations, Mom. This is a new chapter in your life.

2 comments:

  1. nice, honey, really nice,,,I need to retain some humility. I am pretty sure it is going be children...and only girls...the women only work with girls, and the guys only work with boys...this is going to be very culturally interesting.

    I love you and thank you so much for all your support. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice maps...you know how much I like maps...cool

    ReplyDelete